Did you know that there are nearly 3 billion social media users worldwide?
Here are some interesting facts about social media:
• Facebook is the most popular social media platform.
• 90.4% of Millennials, 77.5% of Generation X, and 48.2% of Baby Boomers are active social media users.
• Users spend an average of 2 hours and 22 minutes per day on social networks and messaging
• 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
• 87% of online marketers use video content.
You have a captive audience waiting to watch your videos on social media!
People are increasingly watching video as a way of gathering information, learning about new products and services and also just as pure entertainment.
As a business wanting to promote your services, you’ll be looking at ways to harness the potential that video holds.
As we know, there is a lot of visual ‘traffic’ on social media, so a video really needs to stand out from the crowd.
A video will need to ‘grab’ attention – with something that is strong visually (as videos are ‘on hold’ until you play them), or a storyline or text that really makes people want to stop their scrolling and engage with your video.
When it comes to social media, it’s important to know your audience
This will help in the creation of your video story which will be specifically targeted towards your chosen audience. The more targeted and ‘niche’ your promotion is, the better chance it will resonate with and engage your target market. So it’s very important to be clear to know exactly who it is you are marketing to when you create your video and also set up your promotion on social media.